Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Marriott School.....

What?

Lately, I have been frustrated that to major in therapeutic recreation, I have to be in the business school, and take more business style courses than I feel is necessary. Basically, I've been having a pity party because I hate business courses.

So What?

I spoke to a professor about my frustrations, and he showed a lot of understanding and patience. He listened well, and then gave me some counsel in a gentle and compassionate way. This experience with him was exactly what I needed to humble myself, and bite the bullet with these business courses.

Now What?

I'm taking the majority of the management core next semester. I'm still dreading it, but I feel more motivated to do well. I'm going to do all I can to embrace it and apply as much as I can to my future career as a TR professional. As I've been reminded by many people lately, attitude makes all the difference. I'm looking forward to what next semester will bring!

1 comment:

  1. I understand where you're coming from. I think that it's difficult to become excited about something we don't want to do. Life really is all about attitude though, and things become better if we have a better attitude about it. I hate doing certain things, even when I want to do them and feel like I should do them, but for some reason there's a small thing inside of me that sometimes holds me back. I think that if we gain an eternal perspective on things, then life becomes a lot easier. I wish the best of luck to you and you'll do fine!

    ReplyDelete