Tuesday, November 11, 2014

5-minute Presentations

What?
I gave my 5-minute presentation this week on dressing for success! It was nice to get my presentation done and over with.

So What?
I learned that it is more impressive to wear simple outfits when trying to make a good impression.The way we dress reflects what we expect of ourselves and what we expect form others. I noticed that the way I dress changes my attitude. Also, learned that I am better at giving presentations than I realize, and that moving my feet and shifting my weight is a nervous habit of mine.

Now What?
I'm now going to take more consideration into what I wear instead of just wearing whatever I feel like wearing. I am also going to stress less when I have a presentation coming up, because now I feel more confident!

3 comments:

  1. Can I say that I loved your presentation? It was great in class and definitely is a very relevant point to consider within the business world. I'm not sure if you said it or someone else, but potential employers who are hiring can usually tell within the first 15 seconds or so whether or not they are going to hire you. If 15 seconds is all that you get dress plays a huge part of your success. So I appreciate your presentation and your post. Very relevant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly dressed for success and found it, Ashley! One of the most memorable presentations that I have seen so far. I was greatly impressed with your personal confidence and magnetism. And your advice was great--who isn't going to need this at some point in the near future?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a very strong believer in dressing for success! I think that this can be applied outside of in the work place or for a job interview too. I think that if people dress nice and for success everyday, then it will help them be successful in everyday life! The better you dress, the more confident you feel, and the more confident you are, the further you will go!

    ReplyDelete