Friday, November 28, 2014

I Need My Mommy

What? 

I'm at home, on the farm, in Oregon right now! I love the beautiful wide-open spaces, silence, and clean air. Yesterday, however, I was feeling extremely discouraged abut something, and felt that I needed to write in my journal. I slipped away to my room, hoping no one would notice. A little while later, my mom knocked on my door and came in. She had noticed that something was bothering me, and she proceeded to give me a much needed pep-talk.

That sweet experience with my mom reminded me just how wise my parents really are, and that I will always need their love and guidance.

So What?

I feel extremely blessed to have my parents. I know that so many people are not close to their parents, or may not even know who their parents are. I'm very grateful and humbled that my parents really are always there for me.

Now What?

I'm going to remember to look to my parents when I need support, and welcome their advice when they offer it. I'm going to tell them more often how much I appreciate them. Their examples are going to help me to be a better parent :)

3 comments:

  1. Parents really are the best! They love you no matter what, they tend to have a thankless job, so it's great that you take the time to recognize that and I feel like they know so much! My parents are full of so much wisdom, even for things that I would never know about. I'm glad you were able to have this time with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a tender story Ashley, so thanks for sharing. I agree--it seems that the older I get, the more I realize how much I want and need my parents. Whether it's trivial advice or something a little deeper, they always seem to be there. And to think that I used to believe that they were unavailable and uncaring!

    On the flipside, it also makes me think hard about the kind of parent that I want to be. I've still got years before I open that book, but it is certainly a cause for some reflection. Very good, Ashley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Parents really are amazing and I don't think we fully realize it until we leave the house and see how much they do for us and how much we need them. It is so important to be close to your parents. I know it makes life so much better. You'll always have people who only want the best for you and have loved you and supported you your whole life and will continue to do so forever. It really is an amazing thing.

    ReplyDelete